This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Task Recovery Error - Task XML contains unexpected node

May 22 at 7:54 PM
Thank you Dijji for creating this repair utility. It successfully repaired almost all of my task schedule errors. However, i still have 11 Task Schedule issues which are unresolved. See below. All of them appear to be Microsoft Tasks, and i've already tried to repair using Windows7 Tasks.zip, but these tasks do not appear to be included in the Windows7 Tasks.zip package. These 11 tasks exist in my computer's C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows folder. Any suggestions for how I would go about repairing these 11 tasks so that they install correctly on my Windows 7 system?

Task not installed: Microsoft\Windows\AppID\EDP Policy Manager
Task not installed: Microsoft\Windows\AppID\SmartScreenSpecific
Task not installed: Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\AikCertEnrollTask
Task not installed: Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\CryptoPolicyTask
Task not installed: Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\KeyPreGenTask
Task not installed: Microsoft\Windows\Location\WindowsActionDialog
Task not installed: Microsoft\Windows\MemoryDiagnostic\RunFullMemoryDiagnostic
Task not installed: Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyMonitor
Task not installed: Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh
Task not installed: Microsoft\Windows\Shell\IndexerAutomaticMaintenance
Task not installed: Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\ForceSynchronizeTime
Scan completed: 11 problems found
  • Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\AppID\EDP Policy Manager failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(29,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
  • Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\AppID\SmartScreenSpecific failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(28,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
  • Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\AikCertEnrollTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(27,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
  • Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\CryptoPolicyTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
  • Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\KeyPreGenTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
  • Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Location\WindowsActionDialog failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
  • Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\MemoryDiagnostic\RunFullMemoryDiagnostic failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(31,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
  • Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyMonitor failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
  • Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
  • Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\IndexerAutomaticMaintenance failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(25,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
  • Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\ForceSynchronizeTime failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(27,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
  • Repair completed: 0 repairs succeeded; 11 repairs failed
May 22 at 8:02 PM
Note: I did find this thread which appears to discuss a similar issue.

http://repairtasks.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Windows%2010%20only%20tasks&referringTitle=Documentation

Wondering if any of the 11 Task errors on my system are part of Windows 7?
I had tried upgrading to Windows 10 at some time in the past, and then reverted back to Windows 7....so perhaps these tasks were added at that time?
May 25 at 10:55 AM
Edited May 25 at 10:57 AM
All 11 of them are tasks installed by Windows 10 that have no counterpart in Windows 7. You can safely ignore them. They are exactly those described in the documentation page you reference.

Dijji