This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Where is the backuped up tasks?

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:34 AM
Edited Jul 7, 2016 at 5:02 AM
The app didn't work for me. There should be a disclaimer that you need to know and have a backup of your (good) tasks.

Additionally, I did back up the corrupted tasks (more than 50) before deleting them. Now, if I wanted to, how to do I load the backed up zip file?
Jul 7, 2016 at 8:59 AM
Edited Jul 7, 2016 at 8:59 AM
Could you be a little bit more detailed about what didn’t work?

Also, note that Repair Tasks strongly suggests taking a backup before making any changes and, if the user agrees, will actually make a backup of your tasks.

If you do agree, you get to select a target folder, which defaults to My Documents, and in that folder Repair Tasks creates a copy of all task files in a subfolder named “Tasks yyyy-mm-dd hhmmss” , where yyyy et cetera is the current date and time.

You can use that subfolder as the source for a Repair with ‘Take tasks from backup’ selected to reapply the backed up tasks.

If you backed up your tasks in some other way (your post isn’t clear on this), then the answer depends on exactly what you backed up and how. Also, I’m a little unclear about what you deleted, as Repair Tasks never actually deletes a task: at most it will Unplug them, i.e. delete registry entries used by Task Scheduler.

Dijji