This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Great tool! - 5 bad tasks remaining

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:51 PM
Thanks so much for creating this tool! I started with 106 invalid tasks. The first repair cycle fixed 75 of them. Running again using the Win 7 tasks data supplied by you repaired 15 of the 31 remaining. 11 of those are the Won 10 tasks but 5 are tasks included in the Win 7 task data you provide. Any idea why these were not repaired? I'm running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Here are the remaining bad tasks:

Using 'D:\MyDownloads\RepairTasks\StdWin7Tasks\BackupTasks\Tasks 2016-03-02 104843\Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask' to repair 'Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(33,7):MaintenanceSettings:'

Using 'D:\MyDownloads\RepairTasks\StdWin7Tasks\BackupTasks\Tasks 2016-03-02 104843\Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip' to repair 'Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.4'

Using 'D:\MyDownloads\RepairTasks\StdWin7Tasks\BackupTasks\Tasks 2016-03-02 104843\Microsoft\Windows\Power Efficiency Diagnostics\AnalyzeSystem' to repair 'Microsoft\Windows\Power Efficiency Diagnostics\AnalyzeSystem'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Power Efficiency Diagnostics\AnalyzeSystem failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(27,7):MaintenanceSettings:'

Using 'D:\MyDownloads\RepairTasks\StdWin7Tasks\BackupTasks\Tasks 2016-03-02 104843\Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\SynchronizeTime' to repair 'Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\SynchronizeTime'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\SynchronizeTime failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):MaintenanceSettings:'

Using 'D:\MyDownloads\RepairTasks\StdWin7Tasks\BackupTasks\Tasks 2016-03-02 104843\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\QueueReporting' to repair 'Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\QueueReporting'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\QueueReporting failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(34,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Mar 2, 2016 at 7:37 PM
Hi Gomtuu

I observe that the log you supply is trying to repair the remaining tasks using the backup copy of your tasks, which of course fail for the original reasons.

However, you’re right in saying that all the five tasks giving you trouble are in the zip file. I notice that one thing they have in common is that each has a blank somewhere in its path or its file name. Is it possible that you unzipped the zip file rather than repairing from it directly? If so, you may be falling foul of the fact that names in the zip file have blanks replaced with underscores, in order to make them valid URLs, as required by this form of zip file. This means that unzipping the file will leave tasks with blanks with the wrong names. If you repair from the zip file without first unzipping it, the code fixes the names automatically for you.

If that doesn’t work, please let me have the log of what happens when you repair using the zip file.

Dijji
Marked as answer by Gomtuu on 3/2/2016 at 12:12 PM
Mar 2, 2016 at 8:11 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply Dijji. You are correct. I did unzip the file first and that was the source of my problem. Repairing directly from the zip file resolved the problems. Thanks again.

Gomtuu