This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Repairs fail with “The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range”

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:15 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2015 at 5:34 PM
This occurs when Windows 10 leaves behind a task XML file with a revised format that Windows 7 cannot understand. The most common complaint refers to ‘(2,8):version:1.5', which means that line 2, column 8 of the XML has a value for the version of the file format, 1.5, which Windows 7 cannot read, as it expects files with format version 1.2.

To get out of this, it is necessary to provide a task XML file with format version 1.2. This can come from a backup, if you have one; or another Windows 7 system; or from the ‘Windows7 Tasks.zip’ download that I provide.

To tell my tool to use an external source of task XML files, select the ‘Take tasks from backup’ radio button before pressing Repair. The program will prompt for a folder containing the task XML files. A good approach is to first set up a temporary folder to hold these files. If you are taking the files from a backup or another Windows 7 system, copy the contents of the Windows\System32\Tasks directory to your temporary folder. If you are using my download, unzip its contents to your temporary folder. Then, when prompted, specify the Tasks folder within your temporary folder as the source of the tasks.

Note: it is best to use backup task XML files only to fix tasks for which ‘Recycle existing tasks’ has failed, so as to preserve as many of the task settings and configurations held in the original files as possible.

if you have any problems with this procedure, or any tasks remain unrepaired, please let me know.

Dijji
Aug 30, 2015 at 8:37 PM
Edited Aug 30, 2015 at 9:02 PM
Hello Dijji,
Unfortunately, I did not read the above post, nor did I see that you had provided a windows7 task.zip
What should my next move be in view of this? I do not have a recent backup of scheduler as when I rolled back to 7 from 10 the scheduled backups were not running. Additionally, I have this "task" trying to run:

Start a program | C:\Windows\system32\pcalua.exe -a E:\Setup.exe -d E:\
I do not have an E drive. D: is my cd/dvd player F: is my internal back up drive. So of course I continue to get an error message, windows cannot fine E

Thank you in advance.

After running the program/repair the second time, this is what is left:

Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\PerfTrack\BackgroundConfigSurveyor failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\RAC\RacTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\WindowsParentalControls failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict1 failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict2 failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'

YOU ARE A GENIUS. I cannot thank you enough.
Aug 30, 2015 at 10:14 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2015 at 9:29 AM
Hi Miami3170

Looking at those errors, you are on exactly the right track. My tool is supposed to be run iteratively, in fact, by design, you can run it as many times as you like without harm.

So, you have successfully completed stage one, which is to repair all the tasks left by Windows 10 that are compatible with Windows 7. Now you need to proceed with stage two, using the ‘Take tasks from backup’ radio button as described above.

If all goes well, you should be left with just the pcalua problem. This looks like a task that was reconfigured by Windows 10 for drive letters that it allocated, differing from the letter allocations that you use in Windows 7. The trick is to find the task and reconfigure it. Unfortunately, I don't have such a thing running, so I have to speculate to some extent. Apparently, pcalua is a Microsoft program dealing with program compatibility issues, and this task is scheduled when it thinks it has found some. If you open Task Scheduler, and look at the running tasks, you may be able to discover the name of the task, and then you will be able to go into the Task Library part of the tree and reconfigure it. There is also some evidence on the web that it will be one of the tasks in the root folder of the Task Library with a GUID for a name, so you could just look at each of those to see if its Action is to run pcalua. Alternatively, if you have a program that will do text searches, then hunting through the directory tree under Windows\system32\Tasks for a file containing pcalua should identify the culprit, so that you can fix it in Task Scheduler.

Hope this helps.

Dijji
Aug 31, 2015 at 4:29 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2015 at 4:51 PM
I believe task scheduler is looking for your computer. I keep getting remote computer cannot be found. How to change that please?

And upon scanning this morning I get this?:
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Adobe Acrobat Update Task' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Adobe Acrobat Update Task'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Adobe Flash Player Updater' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Adobe Flash Player Updater'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Dell SupportAssistAgent AutoUpdate' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Dell SupportAssistAgent AutoUpdate'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore (2)' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore (2)'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA (2)' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA (2)'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\HP AR Program Upload - 27eaf28c389a438d8d1c0a1b7aa453f23270a2ec48734d7f833c35224c69a603' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\HP AR Program Upload - 27eaf28c389a438d8d1c0a1b7aa453f23270a2ec48734d7f833c35224c69a603'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\HP AR Program Upload - 27eaf28c389a438d8d1c0a1b7aa453f23270a2ec48734d7f833c35224c69a603 (2)' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\HP AR Program Upload - 27eaf28c389a438d8d1c0a1b7aa453f23270a2ec48734d7f833c35224c69a603 (2)'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\PCDEventLauncherTask' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\PCDEventLauncherTask'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\PCDoctorBackgroundMonitorTask' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\PCDoctorBackgroundMonitorTask'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\SystemToolsDailyTest' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\SystemToolsDailyTest'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks{11E33068-3068-4EFD-863C-813AA9441462}' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks{11E33068-3068-4EFD-863C-813AA9441462}'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks{214A85EC-0B9C-44D9-BCF7-9493B71387AB}' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks{214A85EC-0B9C-44D9-BCF7-9493B71387AB}'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks{C233208E-3484-4976-A3D4-637E4EF3EFC1}' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks{C233208E-3484-4976-A3D4-637E4EF3EFC1}'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks{C3C1BD3E-E94B-4191-BD96-99D668EEB0B6}' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks{C3C1BD3E-E94B-4191-BD96-99D668EEB0B6}'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Automated)' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Active Directory Rights Management Services Client\AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Automated)'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Manual)' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Active Directory Rights Management Services Client\AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Manual)'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\PolicyConverter' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\AppID\PolicyConverter'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\VerifiedPublisherCertStoreCheck' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\AppID\VerifiedPublisherCertStoreCheck'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\ProgramDataUpdater' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Proxy' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Autochk\Proxy'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\UninstallDeviceTask' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Bluetooth\UninstallDeviceTask'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\SystemTask' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\SystemTask'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\UserTask' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\UserTask'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\UserTask-Roam' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\UserTask-Roam'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Consolidator' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\KernelCeipTask' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\UsbCeip' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\ScheduledDefrag' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Defrag\ScheduledDefrag'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Scheduled' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Diagnosis\Scheduled'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\DiskDiagnostic\Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticResolver' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\DiskDiagnostic\Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticResolver'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Notifications' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Location\Notifications'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\WinSAT' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Maintenance\WinSAT'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\ActivateWindowsSearch' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ActivateWindowsSearch'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\ConfigureInternetTimeService' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ConfigureInternetTimeService'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\DispatchRecoveryTasks' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\DispatchRecoveryTasks'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\ehDRMInit' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ehDRMInit'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\InstallPlayReady' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\InstallPlayReady'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\mcupdate' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\mcupdate'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\mcupdate_scheduled' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\mcupdate_scheduled'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\MediaCenterRecoveryTask' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\MediaCenterRecoveryTask'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\ObjectStoreRecoveryTask' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ObjectStoreRecoveryTask'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\OCURActivate' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\OCURActivate'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\OCURDiscovery' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\OCURDiscovery'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\PBDADiscovery' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PBDADiscovery'
Cannot find either 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\PBDADiscoveryW1' or 'C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7
Aug 31, 2015 at 5:33 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2015 at 5:35 PM
The first problem is bad documentation on my part. It looks like you have unzipped the Windows 7 tasks file to C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks, and are pointing at that folder when you run the tool. What you need to do is to point at the Tasks folder within that folder instead, i.e. C:\Users\Lyriss\Desktop\Windows7 Tasks\Tasks. I have made the fix above.

I am surprised, however, that the scan is picking up so many tasks to repair. I would have expected you to get complaints only about the tasks that had problems with invalid XML. What is scan telling you?

Dijji
Aug 31, 2015 at 5:49 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2015 at 6:02 PM
I kind of figured that out and created a TASK TEMP folder on C:
Take tasks from back up - repair
Then pointed the repair tool to the Task folder C:TaskTemp\task The scan says that it has repaired
New Scan results:

Task Adobe Acrobat Update Task reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Adobe Flash Player Updater reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Dell SupportAssistAgent AutoUpdate reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore (2) reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA (2) reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task HP AR Program Upload - 27eaf28c389a438d8d1c0a1b7aa453f23270a2ec48734d7f833c35224c69a603 reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task HP AR Program Upload - 27eaf28c389a438d8d1c0a1b7aa453f23270a2ec48734d7f833c35224c69a603 (2) reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task PCDEventLauncherTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task PCDoctorBackgroundMonitorTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task SystemToolsDailyTest reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task {11E33068-3068-4EFD-863C-813AA9441462} reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task {214A85EC-0B9C-44D9-BCF7-9493B71387AB} reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task {C233208E-3484-4976-A3D4-637E4EF3EFC1} reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task {C3C1BD3E-E94B-4191-BD96-99D668EEB0B6} reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Active Directory Rights Management Services Client\AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Automated) reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Active Directory Rights Management Services Client\AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Manual) reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\AppID\PolicyConverter reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\AppID\VerifiedPublisherCertStoreCheck reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Autochk\Proxy reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Bluetooth\UninstallDeviceTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\SystemTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\UserTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\UserTask-Roam reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Defrag\ScheduledDefrag reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Diagnosis\Scheduled reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\DiskDiagnostic\Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\DiskDiagnostic\Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticResolver reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Location\Notifications reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Maintenance\WinSAT reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ActivateWindowsSearch reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ConfigureInternetTimeService reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\DispatchRecoveryTasks reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ehDRMInit reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\InstallPlayReady reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\mcupdate reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\mcupdate_scheduled reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\MediaCenterRecoveryTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ObjectStoreRecoveryTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\OCURActivate reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\OCURDiscovery reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PBDADiscovery reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PBDADiscoveryW1 reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PBDADiscoveryW2 reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PeriodicScanRetry reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PvrRecoveryTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\PvrScheduleTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\RecordingRestart reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\RegisterSearch reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ReindexSearchRoot reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\SqlLiteRecoveryTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\StartRecording reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\UpdateRecordPath reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\MobilePC\HotStart reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\MUI\LPRemove reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Multimedia\SystemSoundsService reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\NetTrace\GatherNetworkInfo reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\PerfTrack\BackgroundConfigSurveyor reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Power Efficiency Diagnostics\AnalyzeSystem reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\RAC\RacTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Ras\MobilityManager reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Registry\RegIdleBackup reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\RemoteAssistance\RemoteAssistanceTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\launchtrayprocess reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfigandcontent reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxcontent reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers\Logon-5d reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers\MachineUnlock-5d reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers\OutOfIdle-5d reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers\OutOfSleep-5d reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers\refreshgwxconfig-B reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers\Telemetry-4xd reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Setup\GWXTriggers\Time-5d reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\WindowsParentalControls reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\WindowsParentalControlsMigration reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\SideShow\AutoWake reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\SideShow\GadgetManager reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\SideShow\SessionAgent reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\SideShow\SystemDataProviders reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\SvcRestartTask reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\SystemRestore\SR reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Task Manager\Interactive reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict1 reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict2 reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\TextServicesFramework\MsCtfMonitor reported 'ERROR: The network address is invalid.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Ti
Aug 31, 2015 at 6:52 PM
I haven't seen this before, but I will do what I can to help with it. To help me reproduce the problem, a sample task file would be very helpful. I'll send you a message, so we can make e-mail contact and pass attachments back and forth, if you're willing.,

Dijji
Aug 31, 2015 at 7:51 PM
please
Sep 1, 2015 at 4:06 PM
It turns out that this error occurs when the Task Scheduler service is not running. Another symptom is that when the Task Scheduler program is opened, the error "Remote computer not found" will be reported.

The only way out of this is to fix the problem with the Task Scheduler service. Once it is started, you should run RepairTasks and repair any problems with the 'Recycle existing tasks' option. Any remaining problems can then be dealt with as described above.

Dijji