This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Discussions under General

Lock on folder

first post: jojo64 wrote: Hi I have a lock on a folder in my windows/system32/tasks/microso...

latest post: Dijji wrote: I think you’re in the clear. The lock just means restricted access,...

Task Recovery Error - Task XML contains unexpected node

first post: deanwolf wrote: Thank you Dijji for creating this repair utility. It successfully ...

latest post: Dijji wrote: All 11 of them are tasks installed by Windows 10 that have no count...

The selected task “{0}” no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh.

first post: cadprofessor wrote: I have used your software many times in the past year with great su...

latest post: Dijji wrote: I assume that the message “The selected task “{0}” no longer exists...

Point_Creator Task

first post: JohnStoffels wrote: All tasks were fixed by using the backup file tasks.zip for Windows...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Hi John What Repair Tasks is saying is that “Point_Creator” is not...

Missing maintenance tasks - not detected by the RepairTasks program?

first post: Bluhman wrote: Hi, I'm using your software to fix my Windows 8.1 tasks after rever...

latest post: Bluhman wrote: Alright, I did those steps and got up to when I needed to run Repai...

answered by: Dijji wrote: Okay, here’s another way you can go about installing the tasks requ...

Repair Tasks 'Task back up failed with error '4' [RepairTasks:658874]

first post: gr8fulsoul wrote: Hello everyone! I downloaded Repair Tasks & I don't know what cho...

latest post: Dijji wrote: C:\Users\David\Documents\AAAAATASK is the full path. If you are in ...

Repair task error

first post: jvclone wrote: Gives me an error "The network address is invalid" when scanning an...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Hi jvclone This most likely indicates that the Schedule service is...

RepairTask run 130 errors; neither repair solved any issues, still 130 errors

first post: Arby1 wrote: First off, I am grateful for the effort here at CodePlex from DIIJI...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Hi jonwells1 This most likely indicates that the Schedule service ...

Popup Message when Downloading Repair Tasks.zip = The file contains a virus or malware.

first post: USER808 wrote: It has come to my attention that when the zip file is downloaded, a...

latest post: Dijji wrote: A little further poking around reveals that Chrome appears to be re...

Systrem restore situation related to 11 corrupt windows 7 task files?

first post: irwinlakin wrote: diiji, yes your program fixed 65 of my corrupted files, but would n...

latest post: Mick_m245876 wrote: Hi Dijji, Many thanks for the help, everything appears fine on PC ...

Help with problem with Repair Tasks 3.3

first post: MarkK wrote: I am following your YouTube video to try to get Windows backup to w...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Hi Mark I didn’t know I had a YouTube video. Could you post the l...

Repair tasks has stopped working

first post: analog100 wrote: Have reverted back from windows 10 to win 7 pro like many others. W...

latest post: Dijji wrote: As far as I can tell, Repair Tasks does not work in safe mode. The...

repair tasks returns 'Task back up failed with error '4'

first post: RogerM wrote: It worked! My windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) was upgraded to Wind...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Hi Laura Your best bet is to go to the Documentation page on the R...

When I try to run the .exe file, I'm met with "RepairTasks has stopped working"

first post: Polzem wrote: Hi there I'm trying to run RepairTasks because things have not be...

latest post: tom33pt wrote: Hi Dijji, Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've decided...

After downgrade back to Win7pro64 had 91 task errors... now only 31.

first post: kcbrende wrote: Downgraded from Win10 to Win7Pro x64. Experienced 91 task schedule...

latest post: Dijji wrote: I am glad that you are sorted out. And I didn’t have to do a thing!...

Left with errors but Task Manager is repaired

first post: Thermionic wrote: I'm very pleased with this repair tool - several errors repaired an...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Yes, I think it is complaining about the curly brackets in the task...

This worked amazingly for me. How can I donate to the code writer?

first post: coastalcraig wrote: This worked amazingly for me. How can I donate to the code writer?

latest post: Dijji wrote: Hi coastalcraig This program counts as giving back for me. I’m alr...

"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password"

first post: Johnp43 wrote: On reverting from Windows 10 to Windows 7 There were 56 corrupted t...

31 failed repairs

first post: dpirtle21 wrote: I have run the tool several times. It has fixed many issues, but d...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Many of these should be fixed by using the Windows 7 Tasks.zip file...

Can't Click on Unplug Task

first post: Scorne9000 wrote: When using the program, everything seems to work fine and I have go...

latest post: Dijji wrote: I’m guessing that you’re looking at the results of a Scan, but Unpl...

repair tasks returns 'Task back up failed with error '4'

first post: edstevens wrote: Just downloaded Repair Tasks as part of clean-up after rolling back...

latest post: CPL949 wrote: Back then, after running Scan on recycle...yes, the file with the h...

"Requested registry is not allowed"

first post: Scriptorium wrote: Attempting to use your tool to fix some issues I've been having wit...

latest post: Scriptorium wrote: Alright, while that procedure didn't fix the problem for me it led ...

Acrobe Acrobat Update Task I/O device error

first post: Ckam wrote: Thank you so much for creating and posting this tool. I was struggl...

latest post: Ckam wrote: Wonderful, thanks!

Last 5 tasks... Downloaded Windows 7 Tasks zip - Can't figure out how to use?

first post: kelly7952 wrote: I'm down to the last 5 tasks that "are typically left in an unusabl...

latest post: kelly7952 wrote: GOT IT!!! Thank you so much! You are AWESOME!

3 tasks unable to be repaired

first post: freyakat wrote: First of all Kudos to this fantastic tool. It has worked on countle...

latest post: Dijji wrote: It’s good to hear that you’ve cracked the problems, and how. From ...

Where is the backuped up tasks?

first post: Hmm888 wrote: The app didn't work for me. There should be a disclaimer that you n...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Could you be a little bit more detailed about what didn’t work? Al...

All Smiles

first post: WHB wrote: Hello Dijji, I just want to thank you for the work you have provide...

5 unfixed task remaining after using the repair utility

first post: rubybum25 wrote: Hello everyone, I just signed up and I am not very knowledgeable on...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Hi At least some of those task names look familiar. They should be...

Task Scheduler still damaged, help!

first post: vicosab wrote: I am a victim of a corrupted Task Scheduler after reverting back to...

latest post: vicosab wrote: Hi Dijji, Unplugged the failing task and everything is now running...

Sched Tasks Errors in 8.1 after rollback

first post: snowskier1 wrote: Looks like 8.1 has a similar, but not identical issue. After rollba...

latest post: Dijji wrote: That took less time than I thought. I have added a separate downloa...

5 errors, any fix suggestions?

first post: isoom wrote: Here are the errors: Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\PerfTrack...

latest post: isoom wrote: It worked like a charm. My eternal thanks to all those who contribu...

BrightSparks-SyncbackPro Corrupt task can not repair error unknown username or bad password

first post: cadprofessor wrote: Wonderful program that I have used several times before. This time...

latest post: Dijji wrote: It sounds as though the restored task is not running correctly beca...

Windows cannot complete the extraction.

first post: maxb229 wrote: Hello, I am currently trying to run Repair Tasks, but when I doub...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Is the file that you are trying to unzip RepairTasks.zip? That’s t...

16 Tasks left - 5 are 'corrupt' 11 'not installed'

first post: Malcolm25A wrote: Hello Dijji I have mentioned this on your issues tab but include i...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Hi christiangrey Windows 10 upgrade does not depend on the task sc...

31 errors left

first post: marklyftogt wrote: I ran and re ran the program but am still getting these errors: R...

latest post: Dijji wrote: this was eventually resolved in a parallel issue: 22 April 1630 I...

Tried using twice

first post: LeePer wrote: I followed the "14 steps" and I still have 31 failed-to-remove item...

latest post: Dijji wrote: The tasks reported as ‘Task not installed’ are Windows 10 only task...

Thank You!

first post: tompclip wrote: Worked like a charm, fixed all but 4 on the first pass then those i...

Cannot see Unplug or Backup Task Button

first post: RWBA50 wrote: I have downloaded version 3.3, followed the walk through but I do n...

latest post: RWBA50 wrote: Dijji, You were right about the version, don't know how since I do...

Repair Tasks does not see ZIP files

first post: timatcodeplex wrote: So close yet so far! Yet another 'W10 decided to install itself' u...

latest post: Dijji wrote: The good news is that you are already done. The tasks that you are ...

31 problems found; 0 repairs succeeded

first post: coop5116 wrote: Fair warning...I'm almost completely computer illiterate. Just dow...

latest post: Dijji wrote: If you look towards the bottom of the Documentation page, it tells ...

Windows Rollback saved.

first post: biotrekker wrote: Thank you! This program worked for me after I rolled back Windows 1...

Antivirus

first post: ashleyng wrote: Hi! So, I am very interested in downloading your software, as I unf...

latest post: Dijji wrote: You’re very welcome. I love it when my software helps someone, and ...

Thank you

first post: astein004 wrote: I tried to load 10 and did not make a backup of my system, except f...

latest post: astein004 wrote: Thank you for all the help, enjoy the day. Allen

Great tool! - 5 bad tasks remaining

first post: Gomtuu wrote: Thanks so much for creating this tool! I started with 106 invalid t...

latest post: Gomtuu wrote: Thanks for the prompt reply Dijji. You are correct. I did unzip the...

answered by: Dijji wrote: Hi Gomtuu I observe that the log you supply is trying to repair th...

Still 11 left

first post: marklyftogt wrote: OK. I see the part about the windows7.zip. Did that, still get 11 ...

latest post: Dijji wrote: These look like the Windows 10 only tasks described in https://repa...

Some Tasks Lost Apparently

first post: jthomas11 wrote: After installing RepairTasks, a vast majority of tasks were fixed, ...

latest post: Norwood451 wrote: Hi Dijji – First, thank you for the free Software, without it I wou...

Back-up problems

first post: thembones wrote: I cannot thank you enough for the help your download has provided. ...

Fixed 81 Tasks, but now I still have 20 to go - what should I do?

first post: Norwood451 wrote: I was happy to see this program which fixed 81 tasks out of 101 tas...

latest post: Dijji wrote: This was resolved as described at the end of https://repairtasks.co...

receiving Error code 0x81000031 when trying to create backup

first post: BeefyStu wrote: Hello Dijji I thought to myself new year new OS as it kept poppin...

latest post: BeefyStu wrote: Hello Dijji I cracked it I went through this process: a) Op...

bluetooth problem

first post: marktama wrote: Hi, after running repair tasks, 52 errors were corrected, however, ...

latest post: Dijji wrote: The fact that Scan completes without errors after replacing the tas...

Program crashes

first post: akomenski wrote: I followed the directions and moved the two files to a new folder. ...

Taskscheduler

first post: reymond31 wrote: Many thanks for this program. It didn't work completely the first t...

Most Fixed, but a handful of repairs failed

first post: reundo wrote: Thank you for the tool you have saved many a headaches. It fixed m...

One thing to add

first post: PTCruiserGT wrote: I have one thing for you to add. Several cleanup utilities (even c...

latest post: Dijji wrote: This check and repair was added in version 3.3 Dijji

Access denied errors

first post: workman wrote: Thank you for providing this tool. I downgraded because it turns o...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Glad to hear that at least all your tasks are now back in shape. ...

Fixed MANY Task problems, but still have 5 critical ones that will not respond

first post: ChaacMesh wrote: Hi Dijji, Thanks for resolving many of the problems I had after re...

latest post: Steppen_Wolf wrote: Yes, thank you, I do appear to be in good shape now. [Except, in fo...

Scan found no error but after reboot problems with TCP-IP adress

first post: HKinzinger wrote: Hello, I executed step with the inplace repair afterwards I got t...

latest post: HKinzinger wrote: Meanwhile I solved the problem. Scheduler was not automatically sta...

Failing after repairing one task

first post: JoyceBeck wrote: It's worked brilliantly to repair two systems which had been revert...

latest post: JoyceBeck wrote: Hi Dijji, I found that just this morning, and gave it a try. A...

Problems with Errors on Task Scheduler

first post: phoenix15 wrote: I also had problems with Task Scheduler after going back to Windows...

latest post: phoenix15 wrote: Thankyou so much I have done as you said and now there are no error...

Issue with Windows 7 back-up and restore

first post: MRGENOUX wrote: Good evening, I just reverted from Windows 10 to Windows 7 (Frenc...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Hi Philippe I’m glad to hear that all is now well with you. I am ...

Three Errors Persist After Running Repair Tasks

first post: SantaFePainter wrote: The Repair Tasks fix is fantastic. It fixed over sixty corrupted ta...

latest post: SantaFePainter wrote: In step #3, the Log dropdown and the Source dropdown are blank. On...

Backup and Restore : guess I'm on the right track but still 5 errors not solved

first post: PeterHR wrote: Hi Dijji, Please note that I'm just a Windows user and not a progr...

latest post: pguild wrote: Thanks so much for this program. You are amazing! Great job! All 4...

any ideas on 'ERROR: Logon failure:unknown user name or bad password'

first post: PaulusTheRed wrote: Again, thanks so much for this public service you have done in writ...

latest post: PaulusTheRed wrote: Hi Diji you were correct, I noticed that newer tasks that I created...

Nearly there! Task Scheduler

first post: redlorakeeet wrote: Hi I saw this thread as my tasks had gone awol after an unsuccess...

latest post: redlorakeeet wrote: Fingers crossed I think we're there now. I followed your instructi...

some behaviour worth pointing out

first post: gmo wrote: First, thank you for writing this program, as I have been stuck for...

latest post: gmo wrote: Hi, thanks for the explanation, I ran repair tasks again using the ...

Repairs fail with “The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range”

first post: Dijji wrote: This occurs when Windows 10 leaves behind a task XML file with a re...

latest post: Dijji wrote: It turns out that this error occurs when the Task Scheduler service...

Worked fine, downgrading from Windows 10 to 64bit Windows 7 Professional

first post: tpaasiala wrote: Just buyed used Thinkpad T420 from local dealer and it had windows ...

latest post: Dijji wrote: Hi tpaasiala These residual errors are fixable: I've opened a new ...

• 1-67 of 67 discussions
    • Previous
    • Next