This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Lock on folder

Jun 19 at 2:25 PM
Hi
I have a lock on a folder in my windows/system32/tasks/microsoft/windows
the file is SyncCenter should this file have a lock if not what do i need to do to remove the
lock and share the file? OS is windows 7 home 32 bit.
Jun 21 at 8:35 AM
What do you mean by a lock? What symptoms are you seeing?

Sync Center is a Windows feature that keeps local and server files at the same version, and I think is turned off by default. The SyncCenter folder is empty on my system, so it’s probably one of those where a background task gets created when you configure synchronisation. Have you done that?

Dijji
Jun 22 at 3:35 AM
Thanks for replying.
Your program is marvelous. It solved the many problems that I was having with my task scheduler.
The lock that I am talking about is a padlock symbol on the file. The padlock is not allowing the file to be shared.
I do not know if this is the way the file is supposed to be (not shared) or should it be shared.
I am unsure if the padlock should be removed from the file, so that it can be shared, and if so, who it can be shared with? Ex. everyone?

To answer your question about configuring synchronisation, I don't know how to do that.
The reason why I used your program is because I lost all my restore points and when I went into Task Scheduler, it showed me error messages saying,
"Task Image is corrupt 0X80041321". I used your program to fix these corrupt files. All files are now correct, but I have this padlock situation.

In your files that I downloaded the SyncCenter does not show a padlock, so I am confused on what I need to do to make this file correct?
My operating system is working absolutely fine now, but I just don't know what to do about the padlock.

Thank you
Jojo64
Jun 27 at 8:09 PM
I think you’re in the clear. The lock just means restricted access, and I suspect that the SyncCenter folder is restricted because it is intended to have its contents managed only by the SyncCenter configuration application, which is accessible from the Control Panel.

But if you’re not setting that up in the first place, then I don’t think you have an issue, and can safely carry on using your now recovered system.

Dijji