This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Popup Message when Downloading Repair Tasks.zip = The file contains a virus or malware.

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:46 AM
It has come to my attention that when the zip file is downloaded, all browsers are popping up with "this file contains a virus or malware. I just wanted to let you guys know, to see if this can be resolved.

I have also created a tutorial video on this wonderful tool. Note: I created the video for educational purpose only and take no credit in your hard work, just a way to help others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy2fp2KM4nw

Hopefully we can have this issue resolved. Thank you!
Dec 22, 2016 at 8:59 PM
As far as I can tell, the malicious download warning occurs only with Chrome: IE and Edge download happily. I overrode the warnings in Chrome and verified that the downloaded file is exactly what I would expect. I also note that the problem occurs with both Windows 7 Tasks and Windows 8 Tasks.

VirusTotal verifies the download pages and the files downloaded from them as clean, so this looks like a false positive with Chrome. I will try and find a way of reporting it.

Dijji
Dec 23, 2016 at 11:26 AM
A little further poking around reveals that Chrome appears to be reporting all downloads from all CodePlex projects as malicious!

I’m hoping that something will be done about this soon.

Dijji