Help with problem with Repair Tasks 3.3

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:48 AM
I am following your YouTube video to try to get Windows backup to work again. I got as far as opening RepairTasks.exe and I clicked on the "Backup Tasks" button. I got an error message in the Repair Tasks window saying "Task back up failed with error '4'". What do I do now?

Please Help
Mark
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2016 at 4:26 PM
Hi Mark

I didn’t know I had a YouTube video. Could you post the link in this thread?

Error code 4 from backup has been seen before from time to time. It is actually returned from an underlying invocation of the xcopy command, and signifies:
“Initialization error occurred. There is not enough memory or disk space, or you entered an invalid drive name or invalid syntax on the command line.”

So there might be, for instance, a problem with the target folder that you selected, or with your permission to access the folder containing the task definitions, which is \Windows\System32\Tasks. If that helps pin it down, then you can try the backup again.

Alternatively, it is generally safe to proceed to the next step without the backup, which is mostly there to guarantee that you can get back to where you started, whatever happens. In practice, it is rarely used.

Dijji