Repair Tasks 'Task back up failed with error '4' [RepairTasks:658874]

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:23 PM
Hello everyone!

I downloaded Repair Tasks & I don't know what choice to make in the window that appears when I open it. Please help me know what to do.

Some info you may need to know: The current computer I'm using (HP Compaq Presario Notebook) was given to me by a sister. She had upgraded to Windows 10 on it and almost immediately (well before the 30th day) reverted back to Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 64 bit.

I can't do a backup the normal way. Thankfully, I have Norton Security Suite and it provides a backup. I backed it up onto an external storage device. Since one of the choices given by this Repair Tasks product has an option of "Take tasks from backup", I'm not sure how to proceed.

I especially don't know what "Recycle existing tasks" means. Do I do one option, then the other? Please explain everything to me thoroughly in a step by step way. I am a complete tech dummy.

Thank you;
Laura K.
Coordinator
Nov 22, 2016 at 12:23 PM
Hi Laura

Your best bet is to go to the Documentation page on the Repair Tasks site, and follow the link to a walk-through that appears near the top of the page. This gives step-by-step instructions for using the utility.

Dijji
Jan 13 at 1:42 AM
Dijji wrote:
Hi Laura

Your best bet is to go to the Documentation page on the Repair Tasks site, and follow the link to a walk-through that appears near the top of the page. This gives step-by-step instructions for using the utility.

Dijji
I started following the instructions on the Documentation page and ran into an issue.

Step 4 says: "Create a Folder called AAAAATASK in your Documents (Which can be found START > Documents) C:\Users\David\Documents\AAAAATASK"

However, one cannot go to Documents in Windows 7 and start a folder with a : in the name. So, I can't create a document and type in: C: and then the rest.
Coordinator
Jan 13 at 6:33 PM
C:\Users\David\Documents\AAAAATASK is the full path. If you are in Explorer, in the Documents folder, then you just need to create a folder called AAAAATASK.

Because the path to the Documents folder is C:\Users\David\Documents, this will create a folder whose full path is indeed C:\Users\David\Documents\AAAAATASK

Dijji