Systrem restore situation related to 11 corrupt windows 7 task files?

Sep 10, 2016 at 7:04 PM
Edited Sep 10, 2016 at 7:06 PM
diiji, yes your program fixed 65 of my corrupted files, but would not fix all of the windows task corruptions of 31,only 20 fixed. Would the fact that my system restore will only go back to sept 8 2016 that I created and not several older ones that were on windows 7 before I switched over from 7 back to 10. Would this switch caused the deletion of these past restore points? Should I try the technique over again to fix the remaining 11 corrupt windows files. Now since doing these fixes my windows defrag program is working. Thanks for your help!!!!
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2016 at 8:17 PM
Hmm, 11 is a familiar number. Are these 11 by any chance the ones at that I list here: http://repairtasks.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Windows%2010%20only%20tasks&referringTitle=Documentation

If not, please post the output from your most recent Repair.

Dijji
Sep 11, 2016 at 2:16 PM
diiji, yes they are the same ones as listed by Thomas. Yes, I will just leave them alone as long as their is no system problems with windows 7 and all is well right now. Thanks for your help as your repair disk program worked well!!
Dec 11, 2016 at 4:44 PM
Hi, I have used the repair task program, many thanks, has fixed many scheduler errors. However still have 31 (registry?) errors of which the 11 above are included.
Can someone confirm that they are all Windows 10 specific tasks and are a result of reverting from 10 to 7. If so can I delete them to tidy things up?

Regards
Mick Murphy
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\AppID\EDP Policy Manager failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(29,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\AppID\SmartScreenSpecific failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(28,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\AikCertEnrollTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(27,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\CryptoPolicyTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\KeyPreGenTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\SystemTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(34,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\UserTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(34,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(33,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.4
'Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Defrag\ScheduledDefrag failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Diagnosis\Scheduled failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(29,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\DiskDiagnostic\Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(27,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Location\Notifications failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Location\WindowsActionDialog failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Maintenance\WinSAT failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(27,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\MemoryDiagnostic\RunFullMemoryDiagnostic failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(31,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\MUI\LPRemove failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\PerfTrack\BackgroundConfigSurveyor failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Power Efficiency Diagnostics\AnalyzeSystem failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(27,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\RAC\RacTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Registry\RegIdleBackup failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(29,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyMonitor failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\IndexerAutomaticMaintenance failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(25,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\WindowsParentalControls failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\SystemRestore\SR failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict1 failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict2 failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\ForceSynchronizeTime failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(27,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\SynchronizeTime failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\QueueReporting failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(34,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Repair completed: 0 repairs succeeded; 31 repairs failed
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2016 at 5:20 PM
Hi Mick

No, at least some of these are standard Windows 7 tasks included in the Windows 7 Tasks zip file provided on my site. The Documentation page and the walk-through contain instructions as to how to use this. You should find that this will fix many of your remaining problems.

Dijji
Dec 22, 2016 at 7:48 PM
Hi Dijji,

Many thanks for the help, everything appears fine on PC UPDTATE/BACKUPS all ok with no error messages.
Once again
Thank you
Mick