This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Task Scheduler still damaged, help!

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:00 PM
I am a victim of a corrupted Task Scheduler after reverting back to window 7 pro... Repair tasks fixed 56 out of 57 corrupted tasks successfully and can't rid of the last. I get an error message when trying to fix that says:
Windows 7 Tasks.zip does not contain task file "Backup file folder".

When I load up task Scheduler, I don't get all those errors anymore, now just one pertaining to this backup task saying :
" The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with"

At this point, I can't do anything in task scheduler. If I select "create task", nothing happens... If I click on "create basic task", I get an error saying:
Task Schedule Service is not available or the folder does not exist. Verify that the service is running and that the folder exists.

Dijji or anyone else, can you shed some light on this? I am in desperation mode at this point and ready to give up... Been dealing with this for weeks and hoping someone has a solution>

Thanks!
Jun 9, 2016 at 7:56 PM
Hi vicosab

An immediate way forward would be to unplug the failing task by selecting it after a Scan and pressing ‘Unplug Task’. This will remove it from the sight of Task Scheduler, which should then work normally.

You don’t lose anything by doing this, because the task definition file will remain in System32\Tasks, and can still be reinstalled using RepairTasks, not that there would be any reason to do so.

Going to the next level, I’m wondering what the source of this task was. Is “Backup file folder" it’s full name i.e. is it in the root of the task folders? If so, it suggests that it was either created manually, or set up by a non-Microsoft supplied tool. You could look in the task definition file itself: it is just XML, look for the Actions element to see what it does, and whether you care that it currently doesn’t.

Dijji
Jun 9, 2016 at 9:11 PM
Hi Dijji,

Unplugged the failing task and everything is now running perfectly! Creating a new task or a basic task now loads up correctly and can go into my tasks library without a problem... "Backup file folder" was the name of a Synctoy task I created to backup some folders to an external drive and set it echo everyday. So that name was something I created as a name of a task and not a root folder...

I can't thank you enough for your help and MAJOR KUDOS for creating this app to fix the Task Scheduler! you can write apps for me anytime!