BrightSparks-SyncbackPro Corrupt task can not repair error unknown username or bad password

May 19, 2016 at 4:15 PM
Wonderful program that I have used several times before. This time I am having an issue with one application after a roll back from a windows 10 install. Syncback Pro is returning the follow error.

Logon failure; unknown user names or bad passwsord. I have have access to daily backups which I tried to copy over to the task folder using your backup / scan-repair. Just saw the unplug task button. Just wonder if I should use it and go into the syncback pro and reschedule the backups.

Can you make a suggestion that may help solve this problem. Thank you.
Coordinator
May 24, 2016 at 10:03 AM
Edited May 24, 2016 at 10:06 AM
It sounds as though the restored task is not running correctly because it has not got correct login information set up, so unplug the existing task and recreate in Syncback Pro looks like a good option. This may overwrite the existing task definition file, but may run into trouble because the old task definition, although unplugged and therefore invisible to Task Scheduler, still exists. In this case, you will need to go into System32\Tasks and delete the old Syncback Pro task definition before recreating it.

Dijji