This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

16 Tasks left - 5 are 'corrupt' 11 'not installed'

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:32 PM
Hello Dijji
I have mentioned this on your issues tab but include it here in case I was in the wrong place!!

The 'not installed' are as you have said, Win 10 related and so do not matter. The remaining five however, despite several repeats of the process do not correct? I am using a zipped file from the backup but still no success. Do you have any suggestion of what might be the problem?

Many thanks for your excellent and most appreciated work
Malcolm
Apr 28, 2016 at 8:42 PM
Hi Malcolm

Discussions are probably more effective, because I don’t seem to be getting notified when anybody creates an issue, so I’m afraid I didn’t see yours.

But, looking at the output that you uploaded with the issue, the five tasks in question should be being fixed using Windows 7 Tasks.zip. I notice that the five tasks are all ones with a space somewhere in their path or name. This leads me to wonder whether you have unzipped Windows 7 Tasks.zip after downloading it, because that will give you names with underscores where blanks should be. The easiest way to avoid this problem is to point at the downloaded zip file itself when asked for the source of the backup task files.

If this doesn’t help, could you post the output from a failed Repair run on this thread please?

Dijji
Apr 28, 2016 at 10:00 PM
That was it!!
Amazing......... as I was so sure that I was following your non unzip method.
You have restored yet another Win 7 system.... and I am very grateful for your most generous support. Thank you
May 9, 2016 at 12:44 PM
I had this problem too, and your fix worked, I just made a account to thank you Dijji thanks so much for the program and the help
May 10, 2016 at 7:47 AM
You’re very welcome. And thanks for the thanks!

Dijji
May 12, 2016 at 3:45 PM
Hi Dijji! I was having the same problem with the Task Scheduler but not because of a win10 downgrade. somehow I got this problem because of system restore or failed win10 upgrade I think

Actually I was planning on upgrading to win10 so I made sure I had everything I needed and I kinda over ccompensated. I think thats how my pc got messed up so then I decided to run system restore. the first few attempts were okay but then recently it all just failed. I tried to check my task scheduler for some reason then I got the corrupt pop-ups.

Well thanks to your software I had most of them fixed but theres still 31 left. I was hoping if you could help me fix this problem. I followed the steps correctly but still no use huhu can you please help me.

and I would also like to ask for your help with regards to my win10 update. The regular promp of the update disappeared that why I check the task scheduler to try and run it. how do I upgrade now?
May 12, 2016 at 3:46 PM
Hoping for your quick reply huhu
May 13, 2016 at 5:31 PM
Hi christiangrey

Windows 10 upgrade does not depend on the task scheduler at all, it comes entirely through Windows Update. System Restore will rollback these updates, and it sounds like you may have rolled back some important ones. The first thing to do is to run Windows Update, and check for updates repeatedly until it tells you that no important updates are available.

If having done this, you still have problems with the task scheduler, if you save the results from Scan and Repair and post them on this thread, I will try to help further.

Dijji