31 errors left

Feb 16, 2016 at 6:07 PM
I ran and re ran the program but am still getting these errors:

Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\AppID\EDP Policy Manager failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(29,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\AppID\SmartScreenSpecific failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(28,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\AikCertEnrollTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(27,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\CryptoPolicyTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\KeyPreGenTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\SystemTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(34,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\CertificateServicesClient\UserTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(34,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(33,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.4'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Defrag\ScheduledDefrag failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Diagnosis\Scheduled failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(29,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\DiskDiagnostic\Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticDataCollector failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(27,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Location\Notifications failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Location\WindowsActionDialog failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Maintenance\WinSAT failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(27,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\MemoryDiagnostic\RunFullMemoryDiagnostic failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(31,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\MUI\LPRemove failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\PerfTrack\BackgroundConfigSurveyor failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Power Efficiency Diagnostics\AnalyzeSystem failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(27,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\RAC\RacTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Registry\RegIdleBackup failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(29,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyMonitor failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\IndexerAutomaticMaintenance failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(25,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Shell\WindowsParentalControls failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\SystemRestore\SR failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict1 failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict2 failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\ForceSynchronizeTime failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(27,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Time Synchronization\SynchronizeTime failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(26,7):MaintenanceSettings:'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\QueueReporting failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains an unexpected node.(34,7):WnfStateChangeTrigger:'
Repair completed: 0 repairs succeeded; 31 repairs failed
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2016 at 7:42 PM
I’m sorry to be so slow replying to this, Codeplex was having trouble sending email notifications of posts for a while, and I must have missed this one.

Most of these problems can be fixed using the Windows7 Tasks.zip download, as described towards the bottom of the documentation page and in steps 3 and 10 onwards of the walk-through. The most common error here is that it is important to select the zip file itself in the open folder dialog that comes up, and not the folder containing the zip file.

If this does not fix the problems, leaving you just 11 ‘Task not installed’ tasks, which can be safely left alone, as described in the documentation here, please post the log from the Repair using the zip file.

Dijji
Apr 4, 2016 at 2:49 PM
I did everything again a few times. I probably cannot separate the zip file from the folder....I will probably bite the bullet and get a re-install of Win 7 at the repair shop that sold me a new HD for this notebook. My wife now admits to her mistaken download of Win 10 and her cancellation of it. She just got confused by the constant battering from MS and somehow did the Win 10 upgrade and then panicked to cancel. Oh well. Many thanks for the help.
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2016 at 4:02 PM
But you are very close to a solution! When you select the zip file, you should be seeing something like this.

Dijji
Apr 4, 2016 at 4:30 PM
OK. The screen shot led me to the dialog that you were describing, but I never could make appear. By using the backup, I found it. I'm still a little confused, but happy.

Again, I salute you. Now, I'll try the defrag and see if all is well. More later. Again, Thanks.
Apr 10, 2016 at 12:39 AM
Windows search could not find Tasks.zip. I have 5 items that the repair would not repair;
Precedes all 1-5 items;
Task Image Corrupt Microsoft windows/
  1. \PerfTrack\background config Suneyor
  2. \RAC\RacTask
  3. \Shell\window Parental Controls
  4. \Tcip\IpAddress Conflict 1
  5. \Tcip\IpAddress Conflict 2
When I searched task.zip the dialog box had 4 items;
1.Documents, Music, Pictures and files all indicated codex repair.
all this from one hasn't handled anything like this
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2016 at 7:11 AM
Windows 7 Tasks.zip is a download from my site. You can find it as the second item down on the Downloads page. Once you have this, put it into a known folder, like My Documents, and follow the instructions.

Dijji
Apr 12, 2016 at 3:02 AM
Edited Apr 12, 2016 at 3:04 AM
I tried but I couldn't make any headway. the zip file at one time seemed to unzip but going to MyDoc, had no effect.
I am a klutz but is there another way to attempt to fix this? one time after the scan an fix, the 5 seemed to indicate improper code. A long string. no cure
george
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2016 at 8:13 AM
It is best not to unzip the downloaded Windows 7 Tasks.zip file. Just copy it to a known folder from your downloads folder, then point at it when prompted during Repair. You should be seeing something like this.

Dijji
Apr 14, 2016 at 8:52 PM
Is ther a possibilty for you to take charge of my computer and solve the problem?/? thanks, george ---- Dijji <[email removed]> wrote:
Apr 16, 2016 at 5:16 PM
The latest point and clk no work for me,scan indicated improperly coded, music and anti virus program inop. lost system restore function.
same 5 lines show up on scan, same reults from repair
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2016 at 8:37 AM
Edited Apr 22, 2016 at 6:36 AM
I’m sorry to have been slow responding: I’ve been migrating my main system to a new machine, and, guess what, things didn’t go entirely smoothly.

But I have given a good deal of thought to your request. The question of how far it makes sense for me to go in trying to help is an important one. I think that the line for me turns out to be in taking on partial ownership of somebody else’s system. To put that in other terms, if I got an email telling me that somebody’s system was hosed, would I feel obliged to take all steps necessary to put things right, because I could have been part of the cause of the problem? I think that’s why Repair Tasks doesn’t have just one button saying ‘Fix It’, but demands that its users participate in the process. There are too many variables, and I can’t see a way to write code that would do the right thing in all circumstances, because I don’t know what all the possible circumstances are.

So, I can’t go as far as taking your system over remotely. But I will continue to explain your situation and help you move forward. Could you post the errors that you are currently getting from Repair?

Dijji
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2016 at 8:27 AM
this was eventually resolved in a parallel issue:

22 April 1630
I may have more than one comment section, BUT today I ran the repair tasks and after following your inst. the results were 5 repairs successful.
Thanks for your patience and great effort on your part.
lonestranger