Three Errors Persist After Running Repair Tasks

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:59 PM
The Repair Tasks fix is fantastic. It fixed over sixty corrupted tasks. Three errors persist. My saved log:

Task Microsoft\Windows\RAC\RacTask reported 'ERROR: The system cannot find the path specified.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict1 reported 'ERROR: The system cannot find the path specified.'
Task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict2 reported 'ERROR: The system cannot find the path specified.'
Scan completed: 3 problems found

When I open my task scheduler I receive the following error pops up 3 times:
The selected task "{0}" no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh.

Additionally from the Task Scheduler I get the message:
Task Scheduler service is not available. Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect to it.

Thanks for your help.
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2015 at 7:44 AM
Hi SantaFePainter

if you run Repair with recycle tasks checked after you see these Scan results, what do you get?

Dijji
Sep 30, 2015 at 10:18 AM
Hi Dijji

These are my results after running Repair with recycle tasks:

Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\RAC\RacTask failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict1 failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict2 failed with 'ERROR: The task XML contains a value which is incorrectly formatted or out of range.(2,8):version:1.5'
Repair completed: 0 tasks repaired; 3 repairs failed
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2015 at 2:59 PM
Hi SantaFePainter

These are fairly typical errors after reversion from Windows 10. To fix them, download Windows7 Tasks.zip from my site, if you have not done so already, then check the 'Take tasks from backup' radio button, click Repair, and select the downloaded zip file in the dialog that pops up.

Dijji
Sep 30, 2015 at 8:03 PM
Thanks for the additional advice. I downloaded the Windows7 Tasks.zip file to make sure I had the most recent one. This is my result:

Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\RAC\RacTask failed with 'ERROR: The interface is unknown.(12,228):Subscription:<QueryList><Query Id="0" Path="Application"><Select Path="Application">*[System[Provider[@Name='Microsoft-Windows-CEIP'] and EventID=1007]]</Select></Query></QueryList>'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict1 failed with 'ERROR: The interface is unknown.(11,201):Subscription:<QueryList><Query Id="0" Path="System"><Select Path="System">*[System[Provider[@Name='Tcpip'] and EventID=4198]]</Select></Query></QueryList>'
Recovery of task Microsoft\Windows\Tcpip\IpAddressConflict2 failed with 'ERROR: The interface is unknown.(12,201):Subscription:<QueryList><Query Id="0" Path="System"><Select Path="System">*[System[Provider[@Name='Tcpip'] and EventID=4199]]</Select></Query></QueryList>'
Repair completed: 0 tasks repaired; 3 repairs failed
Coordinator
Oct 2, 2015 at 7:16 AM
I can’t say I’ve ever seen this one before. It’s saying that it cannot set up the tasks because it cannot set up their triggers, all of which are based on the Windows event log.

One diagnostic that I might suggest is to go into Task Scheduler and try to set up a new task with one of the same triggers. The steps are:
  1. in Task Scheduler create a new task in the Task Scheduler Library
  2. in the Triggers tab, create a new trigger. From the drop-down at the top, select begin on an event
  3. for the log, pick System; for the source, pick Tcpip; for the event ID, specify 4198, and press ok
Does that work? You will see that this sets up the same trigger as that used by one of the TCP/IP address conflict tasks.

Having said all this, you might want to limit the amount of time spent on fixing this, since the two TCP/IP tasks are designed purely to help with situations where a TCP/IP address conflict has occurred, and the RACTask is a “Microsoft Reliability Analysis task to process system reliability data”, so none of them are life-threatening problems. Still, it’s annoying, isn’t it?

Dijji
Oct 2, 2015 at 11:38 AM
In step #3, the Log dropdown and the Source dropdown are blank.

On the General tab of the Create Task, I tried leaving the Name blank and also entering Tcpip. It did not make a difference.

SantaFePainter