Nearly there! Task Scheduler

Sep 10, 2015 at 7:56 PM
Hi

I saw this thread as my tasks had gone awol after an unsuccessful upgrade to win 10 and had to revert back to win 7. I've followed your great instructions and have managed to get it nearly back to where it should be. Thanks so much.

The only two I now have left are as follow:
Task image corrupt: Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Uploader
Task image corrupt: Microsoft\Windows\WindowsBackup\Windows Backup Monitor

Can you give me some guidance on how to fix please?

Thanks so much.
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2015 at 8:17 AM
Edited Sep 22, 2015 at 12:40 PM
Hi redlorakeeet

Windows Backup Monitor runs every time you logon more unlock the computer to check whether a backup data has been missed. It is created when you configure a backup, so it may be possible to fix this just by tweaking your backup settings, causing the configuration to be updated. If that doesn’t work, I have added a copy of a valid version to Windows7 Tasks.zip and updated the version 2.2 download. You can download this updated copy and use it to repair the task.

I have not been able to find Customer Experience Improvement Program\Uploader on any of my Windows 7 or Windows 10 systems, so I’m not entirely sure what it is. The name indicates pretty strongly that it is about uploading data collected about your use of Windows to Microsoft, so its failure to run is unlikely to do you any harm. If you can find a working version anywhere, RepairTasks will be able to apply it. However, it may be a Windows 10 only thing, so no Windows 7 version may exist. In this case, removing it would be appropriate. Unfortunately, Task Scheduler won’t let you, and RepairTasks does not include a delete command (maybe it should!). You can get close: if you run the RepairTasks beta, Repair will remove the registry entries, then deleting the task file from\System 32\Tasks will completely remove it.

I hope this helps

Dijji

PS the newly released version 3 of RepairTasks supports unplugging a task from Task Scheduler by removing the registry entries, so that the trick described above using the beta is no longer required.
Sep 11, 2015 at 8:39 AM
Fingers crossed I think we're there now.

I followed your instructions and your new tasks file did the trick for the backup problem.

The customer experience one was still there so I ran your beta version and then found the file in the system 32 folder and deleted it.

I ran the task repair file again and it says there are no errors so I'm very very very happy.

Thanks so much for your help with this.

I now have the updates to sort out which keep failing on me. :(